We welcome people who are interested in doing this work.
If you want to join our group, two aspects are important for us:
1. We need to be able to work together and get along.
2. You should answer some questions for yourself and see if this work is right for you.
Addressing the first point:
Get in touch by email or phone. Then we can arrange for you to meet somebody from the group so you get to know somebody from the group and you can ask your questions and the other way round. Everything else evolves from there.
Addressing the second point:
You might want to ask yourself some questions:
- Why do I want to do this kind of work, and what do I hope to get out of it?
- What are my experiences, skills in this area?
- Have I suffered any trauma in my life?
- If yes, am I over it? If yes, how did I get over it? What did I learn?
- Do I want to do this work because I am actually looking for help?
- How am I going to look after myself whilst doing this work?
- What further training do I need?
If you don't want to join the group but have skills to offer, you can signup at the support database. Email us to get an access password.
Here is a letter to send prospective practitioners who might want to join the data base.
And if you would like to translate anything and send it we will be very happy to put it on the website.